Today I had one of the funniest conversations. It began with my youngest brother Kam asking what the difference between "cute" and "beautiful" was. I tried to think of a way to break it down in the terms a 5 year old could comprehend, then I said to myself "don't play him, you've discussed much more complex subject matters than such". After I explained to him my younger cousin, who is 8 years old and also mentally ahead of her time, asked "well where does sexy fit into that equation?". At first I was slightly taken back by her knowledge of the existence of the word "sexy", me being nieve once again. Now-a-days kids that young hear and see far worse and I'd prefer she be schooled by her older male cousin if anyone. Dont worry, the explanation was high in G rated lingo and jargon. We are all adults here so I am going to use my big boy words (these are opinions, clearly not facts). I view the terms "sexy" "cute" and "beautiful" as different levels. I view "sexy" as purely a sexual description. These are chicks I would have sexual relations with and keep it moving, we would go no further than the Smashing Point. Now any chick, well not any but you catch my drift, can look "sexy" but that look makes you think about the things you can do to her not so much what you can do with her. The next level up would be "cute". This is probably the broadest level of the three, but it generally involves more than physical attractivity. A "cute" chick can have the possibility to become your chick. You look more into her personality and she can make you say "she's cute but" or "she's cute and". Now when it comes to a chick being "beautiful" it exceeds both of the previous. Being "beautiful" encompasses much more than how attractive she is, though she is bad but you find yourself eager to talk to her. Tend to be on thirst mode to probe her mind and discover what she's about. Mind, body and soul.
What do you think? Do you agree?
I'm glad you were able to kick true knowledge to the kiddos without having to "dumb it down". This is something I wrote about like 3 yrs ago on my myspace (don't judge). I agree wholeheartedly. There are those words like..."sexy", "fine", "thick", etc that never sat well with me because they seemed to only apply to the body, sexually and lustfully. Terms like "cute", "beautiful", and "adorable" are more sincere. Those words can be used to describe inside beauty as well outside beauty. I mean you can't tell someone that they got a "thick ass" personality, you can say they have a "beautiful" personality tho. Some of us ladies need to start analyzing types of "compliments" like that so we know what these guys really mean/want when they talk to us. In my opinion, cute (beautiful, lovely, gorgeous, etc.) is more than just a pretty face, it's a person who also is beautiful inside and makes others feel good by their acts, words or simple presence. Words like "sexy" and "fine" generally mean physically and at times sexually attractive, all in all. Kay, I'm done. Good post.
ReplyDelete