What you are about to witness are my thoughts, just my thoughts man....right or wrong

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

life:F*ck a Flaws and All

This is by no means a women-bashing post but if I hear one more chick declare this ideaology as an excuse to be a dickhead, asshole, b*tch, etc somebody is going to catch a judo chop to the back of the neck. There is a song by Beyonce named "Flaws and All" which I too enjoy (calm down Bey-Buffs). I simpley enjoy the raw instrumentals and her strobg yet gracious voice on the track but I am by no means supporting the message. This message has been adopted by many women I know and at first I assumed it to be related with the fanship of Bey but this philosophy was before her.

What is this philosophy you ask?

Accept me flaws and all. If you want to be with me you should accept all of me bad as well as my good.

There is a problem.

To say here is whats wrong with me and you need to deal with it is one of the most selfish and arrogant things you can say. Especially if you complain about problems in others. No person should use such things to excuse foolish actions. Now what I will accept is that it takes time for a person to grow and better themselves. We are suppose to constantly want to improve ourselves, not for the sake of others but to want to be better people. What ever happened to what we were told as shortys? "Treat others the way you want to be treated." Of course I am not perfect myself but I have family and friends that constant check me if I get out of pocket and I take it with stride, evaluate myself and improve. It's a process and I will recognize your process and that I will accept.

1 comment:

  1. I see what you're saying but... what is a flaw really? I know everything is imperfect but then it goes into what is perfect. And I think flaws in people (to a certain extent) isn't a flaw. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and what works for one person may not work for another. As people and human beings, we have a lot of relationships with people on different levels and personalities may or may not clash. For example, someone may not like when I talk alot and that may be a "flaw" or "imperfectness" to them but someone may enjoy the long conversations we have so to them its not a "flaw". I think it is really just about finding someone to accept you for your imperfections and find someone whose willing to work with them.
    Secondly, I think some females take this song the wrong way, and take it as "you should take me for who I am and deal with my sh*t". When it really means take me for who I am but help me become a better person as I will do to you as well. I think that's all I want to say...

    ReplyDelete