After reviewing my music catalogue i just realized that some of the music just doesn't belong there...but then again I like it all. And unashamedly so. I have it all from Teddy P to Meatloaf. While the elitist in me wants to delete "On Fire" by Lloyd Banks the other half wants to turn the volume up on "Take It Off" by UGK. I consider myself somewhat of a purveyor of all things musically pure...but every now and again I dabble in some less than artistic sounds. But that's the beauty of aesthetics...it's all in they eye of the beholder. So here they are. Junk that I love that has no place in my collection. Don't Judge me...
1. Souljah Boy-Booty Meat
2. The Doobie Brothers-Listen to the Music
3. Cam'ron-The Bottom of the P*ssy Hole
4. Meatloaf-I Would Do Anything For Love
5. Dr. Dre-Explosive(perhaps one of the most mysoginistic and disrespectful songs ever made. Low key its one of my favorite songs ever...smh at myslef)
6. Another Bad Creation-Iesha
7. Bel Biv Devoe-Do Me Baby
8. Black Eyed Peas-Meet Me Halfway
9. Oran "Juice" Jones-The Rain
10. Peaches-F*ck the Pain Away(the drums on this track are insane)
11. Rob Roy-Fur In My Cap
12. J-Kwon -Hood Hop
13. Mark Morrison-Return of the Mack
14. Jonas Brothers-When You Look Me In The Eyes
15. Tony Yayo-I Know You Dont Love Me
16. Justin Timberlake & the Lonely Island-Dick In A Box
17. Ciara-Like A Surgeon
18. Lil Flip-This Is The Way We Ball
19. Puffy Daddy-Diddy
20. NSync-Tearing Up My Heart
21. Justin Beiber-One Time
22. Oobie-Oh Na Na
23. Gorilla Zoe-I Like Them Girls
24. Eddie Murphy-My Girl Wants To Party All The Time
25. Nelly-Flap Your Wings
26. Beyonce-Resentment
27. R. Kelly-Trapped in the closet(yep...every last chapter)
28. Dipset-Push it(Remix)
29. Ying Yang Twins-Whistle While You Work
30. Crystal Waters-Gypsy Woman
31. DJ Nate-Lil Momma Bad As Hell
32. Jim Jones-Summer With Miami
33. TLC-No Scrubs(thank you girls in 6th grade for singing that song and getting it eternally stuck in my head)
34. Wacka Flocka Flame- O Lets Do It
35. Color Me Bad-I Want To Sex You Up
So there you go. Laugh if you want. But hey...I like what I like. And I'm ok with that.
I went down this list reading and singing some of the songs to myself. I've been reading Plato's Laws for a class and in book II he discusses music and the censoring of it for the sake of having the most perfect or virtuous society. Basically his argument was that you are what you like...clearly Plato had never been at a party when a Soulja Boy song came on. You just can't help but listen and sing along to his foolishness.
ReplyDeleteI believe to an extent Plato could be right. I mean Look at the diversity of your iTunes, yes it may include Soulja Boy but there is a place for everything. You'd be pretty closed minded to only listen to R&B or to only listen to "deep" rappers. You have to have a balance, life isnt always "deep" and "profound". What would the club be like without "She Got A Donk".
ReplyDelete